View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #76 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure many of you have seen this site, it is also quoted by a lot of other performance sites:

http://krausracing.com/pages/info/Ov...er%20Steer.pdf

This is what I get confused on, and hopefully some of you with a lot more knowledge and track experience can help. Under "Oversteer Corrections" (reduce oversteer), it lists "Install wider rear tires" and "Install wider rear wheels" as solutions to reduce oversteer. It also lists "Reduce rear track" ........ If widening the rear tires and/or the rear wheels will reduce oversteer, why would "reducing the rear track" do the same? I would think "widening the rear track" would reduce oversteer. Doesn't a wider wheel or wider rear tires also widen the track?

John