View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 01:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Omb
Base Member

Drives: 370z Roadster
Omb is on a distinguished road

OK...thanks for the replies. I think I have it figured out

The original problem was the top was not closing or opening all the way. It would get stuck almost close or almost open. (*Consistent with the wire fraying issue). I wanted to close it up for the night but the rear latch for the 5th bow striker plate was in the closed position so the bottom of the cover would not sit flush. I was able to manually move the hydraulic ram with my fingers and that opened the latch so that the back of the top would sit flush.

So..if anyone else has that problem, just manually move the ram with your fingers. Its a little hard to grab and what not but it eventually moves

Anywho...I then looked at the wiring in the classic spot on the drivers side and it was frayed on 2 of the wires. I will get me some wiring today and hopefully all will be well.

I am a lot more confident with the top at this point. I mean, even if/when it all goes to crap I can still operated it manually faster than a jeep top. In the end, a Targa or T top is the answer. That smoothline hardtop looked great but he will probably never produce it and you are always left with the question of what to do with the top when its off.

Thanks!
Omb is offline   Reply With Quote