View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Those garage door panels made a big difference. That and a new seal at the bottom will take care of 75% of the problem. I've still got to figure out a good solution to keep cold air from escaping on the sides.
A BIG difference. Especially when the Sun shines on them late afternoon (luckily, only for a couple of hours and even then it doesn't hit the whole door). Door is dark brown to match rest of house and it soaks up a lot of heat when in the Sun.

Yeah. I've been scratching my head over how to seal the sides, too. I don't see a good way to seal the sides but a baffle of some sort might slow things down - not sure it would do enough good to be worth the trouble/expense of installing. I'm still thinking. Let me know if you come up with something.