View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #75 (permalink)
Baronsmokes
Premium Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
Baronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You ever hand cranked a Model T? I did.

Or ride a motorcycle that had the throttle on the right twist grip, and spark advance on the left twist grip? How about the rear brake on the left and shifter on the right? Shifted gears by hand? To start the bike. You had to push a button on the carb until it left a puddle of fuel under the bike.

Drive a Jeep MB3 that had 4 sticks in it. One was for the 3 speed tranny. Next was to engage the transfer case. Next was Hi and Lo range. Last was for the overdrive.

Drive muscle cars that rolled over and played dead in the corners.

Double clutching a stick because the tranny had no synchros.

You young guys don't know on what you missed.
I have had a few old motorcycles.I always had a set of points in saddle bags.One bike had a gravity feed oil ..When you went up hills you had to reach down and pump oil by hand.
Model T had 3 pedals on floor.Far right pedal was brake.Middle pedal gear selector.Far left pedal was reverse.On steering wheel left spark advance.On right throttle.
Besides all the ones you mentioned; another younger people do not know how to do is shift and old car in or out of overdrive.
Baronsmokes is offline   Reply With Quote