Thread: New clutch time
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 01:21 AM   #70 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZS-Carpenter View Post
I didn't really look at the too close but the passenger side looked like it would be simple once the trans is out. I need to take a closer look when I get back under it.

I need to track down a high lift floor jack. I think I need another 4-6" to roll the trans out on the jack. I'm as high as I can go with my 3.5 ton napa floor jack but got plenty of jack stand left. I picked up a set of Esco stands over the winter for this as it was planned for next winter. They are way better than the ratchet type I was using. Car is solid sitting on them and I have 8 or 10" higher I can go.

How do you like the Z1 mounts? I had planned on getting them but might get torque solution from Joe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Passenger side does look and is easier, but is deceptive. Bought a set of crow's feet to remove the driver's side nut, decided to use them to torque both new nuts down, ended up getting the crow foot wedged against the passenger side motor part of the mount. Dont remember exactly how I got it off but I know it involved my sister's non man-sized hands and a magnet. To swap mounts I used a floor jack on the front lift point to very, very delicately lift the motor off the stock mounts. There's a DIY on the forum that I followed.

I felt a rather substantial difference with the Z1 urethane mounts; I'm a big fan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk