View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 10:27 PM   #72 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
.........and the high beam switch was on the floor. The windshield washer was a foot pump on the floor. You had to reach under the dash to open up the vents. The ignition switch was on the dash that was made out of metal, and had no padding. Seat belts was an option. No shoulder belt. Cruise control wasn't invented yet. Not all cars had disc brakes. Manual steering, non-power brakes, and stick shifts was standard. Power steering, power brakes, and automatics was options on some cars. ALL 4x4's had manual locking hubs, and transfer cases that you had to shift with a stick for high and low range. Tune ups was points, plugs, condenser, cap and rotor. Maybe air and fuel filters. Set timing with a timing light.
Don’t forget about the cigarette light push button, no keyless entry, the main form of car security was the steering wheel lock (lol now the main form of security is stick shift).

And btw, your generation (I do not mean any disrespect by this) was spoiled compared to freddy flintstone’s era lol.