View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 11:26 AM   #1201 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
Why would they install a clutch that was only rated at 530ft.lbs? Your cars going to make well over that.
Guess you didn't read any of my previous posts.

Daleon spec'ed the clutch with ATS. They wanted HP numbers. So we gave them what I wanted to run, 800hp. When the clutch slipped, Jon at MA contacted ATS to try and figure out what was going on. Come to find out the clutch was only spec'ed for 800hp and 530 ft/lb of torque. Everything you see from ATS is hp ratings. We had to ask for TQ ratings. So we got one to support 750 ft/lb of torque with a little wiggle room. It is what it is. So, when deciding on a clutch, make sure you ask for TQ numbers too. It's not like MA or I did this on purpose. It's just part of the process. Not many folks are crazy enough to get one of these. I chose it from Phunks advice and experience with his.

Last edited by Spooler; 05-31-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote