View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
Hey guys,

So after some thought, I’m considering getting a 2nd car once the Z is paid off. The criteria is the following - 4 doors and can hold up to 5 people. Since the Z sits pretty low and to have something different, I was considering the Macan S - a used one of course but was wondering the following:

1. Anyone on here ever own one - a S trim or higher?
2. If so, what was your experience with it overall - did it still feel like a drivers car even though its a SUV?
3. Researching a little bit on the Porsche forums - are the maintenance costs as ridiculous as what I’m seeing - some people are quoting the $300/oil change and then justifying it as the ‘pay to play’ type of deal. Don’t mind paying for something if it’s necessary but oil is oil as well as filters - unless I’m missing something.

Regardless, bc this was a sporty SUV that would be different than the Z - it is a car I was considering. Another option not in the SUV range would be a slightly used Golf R or a slightly used Honda Civic Type R - again, thinking 4 doors and still fun to drive. Love my Z and leaning toward keeping it for a long long time - would just like to consider a 2nd vehicle for when there is more than just myself in teh car.

Thanks in advance.
MD at one of the hospitals I work for has one. He seemed pretty happy getting out of it the other day. I would also consider:

SQ5, AMG43 GLC, X3 M40i

I personally went with a CX5 turbo (a bit better in most ways than the base Macan), due to maintenance costs being virtually nothing and it only costing $35K new, and while it's fun, it's nowhere in the same league as the other vehicles mentioned, so I doubt it fits your bill, but my point is, when you get into DCT's and "luxury brands", you're trading operating cost for enjoyment, and the question is "how far you wanna go...how far can you justify affording to go?"

Of the 3 above, I might go AMG43 GLC, mainly because the 'Benz dealer is so near vs literally not knowing where our local Porsche dealer resides.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote