Thread: Oil Nerds Info
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
SigPapa226
Base Member

Drives: 300 ZXTT, 370 ZR
SigPapa226 is on a distinguished road

I think that is why poster: Resolute who wrote the above oil info explicitly said he did not recommend any specific oil, People should make their own decisions based on what they learn and how they intend to use their vehicle. There are too many posts by individuals who say XYZ oil is the best without any proof or by the rationalization that "big racers" use it. What may be best for a race car may not be the best for a daily driver & vice versa. The table presented by "Resolute" is not statistically significant due to too few samples, but it is useful to explain what is involved in the analysis as he has done.

There have been a lot of improvements in oil refining (as well as oil creation chemically) and I think that you will also find that the Group III oils (Dino) with a good additive package will perform similar to Group IV oils (Chemically created). I have collected additional info and will post it as soon as I can figure out how in some cases. My purpose is to get info out there from third parties, not from some oil dealer, in an attempt to cut through the hype so newbees can make their own decisions (including me).