Thread: New clutch time
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 370z 6MT
-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
It was not meant to be. This is my personal experience. Not a he said she said.
It's all good. I'm sure I could run the aluminum JWT FW just fine, I just have no need for saving the extra pound vs the cost and longevity. If i had time to get in on more track days maybe. But right now I'll be alright.

I sent an email to Joe giving him the breakdown on what i do and a parts list of what i want. If he tosses a red flag on something I'll let you guys go at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
Call Z Speed, they literally make BOTH of them and did testing on both of them. It was the Owner of L Spec in California that talked about the CMAK issues and Z Speed recommending the HD CSC over the CMAK when I was planning on getting the CMAK. That was a while ago and so I don't have links for you except those two companies
I'm guessing it was quite a while ago since there is not one complete clutch kit on Zspeeds page that does not have the v3 cmak. There is not one kit with the HDCSC. I know the first run of them had a few issues that had to be worked out but the v3 has more than proven itself to be the go to for relocation.

I have an email sent off to Joe. We'll see what he has to say. My money is on the cmak.
-ZS-Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote