View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Porsche Macan S as a daily driver?

Hey guys,

So after some thought, I’m considering getting a 2nd car once the Z is paid off. The criteria is the following - 4 doors and can hold up to 5 people. Since the Z sits pretty low and to have something different, I was considering the Macan S - a used one of course but was wondering the following:

1. Anyone on here ever own one - a S trim or higher?
2. If so, what was your experience with it overall - did it still feel like a drivers car even though its a SUV?
3. Researching a little bit on the Porsche forums - are the maintenance costs as ridiculous as what I’m seeing - some people are quoting the $300/oil change and then justifying it as the ‘pay to play’ type of deal. Don’t mind paying for something if it’s necessary but oil is oil as well as filters - unless I’m missing something.

Regardless, bc this was a sporty SUV that would be different than the Z - it is a car I was considering. Another option not in the SUV range would be a slightly used Golf R or a slightly used Honda Civic Type R - again, thinking 4 doors and still fun to drive. Love my Z and leaning toward keeping it for a long long time - would just like to consider a 2nd vehicle for when there is more than just myself in teh car.

Thanks in advance.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote