View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 08:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
I've got a pretty good idea...

Reuse the OEM exhaust manifolds
Single, journal bearing turbo
Less IC piping for a single topmount
Looks like you'll be on your own to adapt your exhaust
Aside from a turbo blanket, not much thought into heat management
No fueling, tuning, or really any supporting mods at all

It looks like a 'functional' kit and not really an 'engineered' kit, so there is going to be some more work and figuring out on your end and finishing your build.

Compare to my kit (which unfortunately is no longer available) - which came with custom cast iron exhaust manifolds, CNC bent IC piping/cold air intakes, exhaust adapters to fit any off-the-shelf exhaust, custom stainless heat shields for the turbos and OEM fuel lines, shielded coolant lines in additional to braided oil/coolant turbo lines, intercooler setup that allowed for the crashbar (including a power steering cooler relocation),a high capacity oil pan with built in oil returns, upgraded injectors, fuel pump, and canned tune...not to mention ball bearing turbos (though I did get stuck with internal wastegates).

Just a long way of saying, the more expensive options are MUCH more complete and thought out compared to this thing, which just does all the basic fab stuff for you and lets you figure out the rest.