View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
masahiro
Base Member

Drives: 19' 370z
masahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond reputemasahiro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormWhite View Post
I fitted a self dimming mirror and connected the wires to the sub light in the interior light.

If you want to mount your dash cam below the mirror you can do what I did and file a groove at the bottom of the rain sensor cover to allow the wires entry to the headlining.
I'm trying to avoid messing with splicing wires or anything too crazy electrically. Also, not sure, but do our cars have rain sensors? That might be an option I didn't get on my car. Thanks tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
To hardwire my V1 I used a nylon panel tool to gently hold the gap between headliner and windshield open, then wrapped the wires w foam every 6 inches (so they'd stay under the headliner) and inserted/ran the wiring. If you're gentle and patient you shouldn't f*ck anything up too badly.
Cool. What kind of foam did you use?
masahiro is offline   Reply With Quote