View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneag2018 View Post
My name is Shane, and I recently purchased a 2010 370z sport with 41k miles just outside of D.C. I flew out from Minnesota with a friend and drove it back. During the drive I learned that, fifth gear grinds if u jam it in, first to second gear is rough, this car needs an exhaust, and mine was resprayed because we found masking tape in the edge of the headlight.
Welcome to the 370Z forums Shane and congratulations. Post some pics if you can. When you shift you transmission do not jam or force it into gear because you will damage your transmission that way. Take your time when shifting your transmission it is worth it. Also your transmission fluid level may be low and/or old and need to be changed I would try this first to see if it helps with your shifting. If you can’t change your transmission fluid yourself take your Z to a reputable shop you trust or a Nissan dealership service department and have them change your transmission fluid for you. Our 6MT transmissions are expensive to rebuild or replace. Also your clutch alignment could be off and cause you to miss shifts or your clutch may possibly be faulty and needs to be replaced.