View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 04:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arman080 View Post
My name is Arman, I live in Toronto,CA. I'm getting my G2 on Tuesday. I bought a 2009Z with 220k milage a month ago because of the price tag. I just decided to gamble to see how long before a really major repair comes along . My friend who is a mechanic came along and test drove it with me and did a scanner test on it. I got new tires,rotors,spark plug and back break pads for the car. I'm also taking it to have the trans oil changed (its an automatic :" ). I sanded the front lights,painted the housing and put a halo kit in it. The car's got a wing and wrap that needs to be installed. So the help part of the forum comes in two parts.

A) Sometimes when the car shifts it moves a little. there is no noise but the car moves an amount that can be felt. What can this be? (it wasn't happening during the test drive).

B) Is there a definite time when the engine or trans will go? or is it more of a gamble situation where it can go tomorrow or in 3 years?

I understand these questions are vague, but I just want to hear what everyone has to say!
Welcome to the 370Z forums. I have been around our Z’s all of my life starting with my first 280Z. Overall the 370Z is a reliable and dependable Japanese sports car to own as long as you do all your general maintenance on time honestly I can’t say the same for domestic,Korean,or European vehicles. I also had an 09 370Z I had 321K miles on it when I traded it in and it still ran excellent with no major components that failed. I know one person with a 10 370Z that used there Z for a work/fleet vehicle and it had 450K miles on it before they traded in for a Subaru WRX and it still ran fine. The VQ37HR engine is a very stout engine and I have seen them last between 300K-450K miles it really depends. Our automatic transmissions in our Z’s last a long time and shift efficiently as long as you service them on time and I have seen them last 200K-450K miles again it really depends what kind of life they lived. To possibly answer your question you will have to elaborate further when you say that when your vehicle shifts the vehicle moves a little well this could be a number of things but I would say this is suspension travel at 200K miles I would address your suspension. Also your alignment being off could possibly be to blame. Has your Z ever been in an accident before? Purchasing any vehicle with high mileage expect to spend on general maintenance and repairs. I recommend pulling your steering lock fuse to fix the steering lock issue and installing a engine oil cooler as soon as possible.