View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Arman080
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z
Arman080 is on a distinguished road
Question Help, New Owner of 221k milage 2009Z

My name is Arman, I live in Toronto,CA. I'm getting my G2 on Tuesday. I bought a 2009Z with 220k milage a month ago because of the price tag. I just decided to gamble to see how long before a really major repair comes along . My friend who is a mechanic came along and test drove it with me and did a scanner test on it. I got new tires,rotors,spark plug and back break pads for the car. I'm also taking it to have the trans oil changed (its an automatic :" ). I sanded the front lights,painted the housing and put a halo kit in it. The car's got a wing and wrap that needs to be installed. So the help part of the forum comes in two parts.

A) Sometimes when the car shifts it moves a little. there is no noise but the car moves an amount that can be felt. What can this be? (it wasn't happening during the test drive).

B) Is there a definite time when the engine or trans will go? or is it more of a gamble situation where it can go tomorrow or in 3 years?

I understand these questions are vague, but I just want to hear what everyone has to say!
Arman080 is offline   Reply With Quote