View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 11:57 PM   #250 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkist350z View Post
I am thinking that the new Supra does have the same HP as the new 385hp bmw z4. I am hoping Toyota comes out with a manual in the next 2 years as this is going to be my next car.
I don't think so. The z4 is probably overrated as well.if you notice? The BMW has higher hp and lower tq numbers. And the Supra has lower hp n higher tq numbers. Its just a result of the tune. Engines can be tuned to balance tq n hp or raise hp n tq lowers or lower hp n get more tq. You saw this in the Z33 from 2003 to 2008. The car started with a close ratio of hp n tq. Like 287hp 274 tq. By 2008 it waa 306hp and 268lb tq. The engine was maxed out so getting up was draining tq numbers. They had to bore it out to get more power. In the case of the Supra. I don't think it's maxed out in the same way per say. But it's maxed out without certain types of mods. So getting more power is going to take doing all the things Toyota left room for. Opening vents new coolers and going thru the stage tunes and there associated parts.