View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #248 (permalink)
BobDigi5060
Base Member

Drives: 2013 G37X
BobDigi5060 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Grossly UNDERRATED horsepower coming out the Supra. It dynoed 339hp 421ft lbs tq at the wheels. That explains why people are bucking around in the Supra like in my camaro. This is how a sports car should feel. TORQUEY! At this time .. My only complai t is the interior isn't original and that it doesn't have a manual handbrake. But the car itself seems rather impressive. Seems like it has almost everything a "TRUE ENTHUSIAST" needs .. Let me reiterate true. In other words, if you talk about creature comforts, tech, gas mileage and anything outside of tuning performance, and getting the most out of your drive. Youre not a true enthusiast

Like every other car this car is about $3,000 overpriced. But this is the norm in the car market. The Supra seems to be everything I hoped the Z to be. My only performance complaint aside from it being too front heavy was it was low on torque. My gut tells me Toyota was on our forum listening while nissan was on Tesla's forum trying to reinvent themselves. Hopefully, Nissan will wake up from their sleep.

https://www-caranddriver-com.cdn.amp...o-horse2Fer%2F
Comparing it to the 370, on paper and in all actuality it seems like the Z is going to feel like an s2k (just not as gutless) and the Supra will feel like a 03-04 DE Z. Just turbo. And modern lol.

From what I read on the Supra forum Toyota was given a slightly different motor than the Z4. They may have also been restricted by BMW in the hp it could make. So, they tuned it to have an *** load of torque (damn near 500 crank). My initial thoughts are that it's a chicken **** move that it's so underrated, but now I'm glad lol. FBO ought to be a blast, enough power for most, and well worth the money. $50k is about right, but if prices drop below $45,000 it will sway many.

Seems like a good buy, but if I had a Z I wouldn't get ride of it for a Supra unless I had to (and was over the Z). If you like the Supra, keep the Z as you will likely miss it and the two are very different.
BobDigi5060 is offline   Reply With Quote