View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
BobDigi5060
Base Member

Drives: 2013 G37X
BobDigi5060 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Saw this article on the 4 banger camaro. The slept on version of the trio of engines. 3300lbs with 275hp on the stiffer production chassis out right now aside from the vette.

https://gmauthority-com.cdn.ampproje...first-drive%2F
I'd be happy with a base model. I saw some 4 bangers for as low as $17k and a handful under $21k. I frequent the different sections of Camaro6 and really like the 4 bangers and LT1.

In six months from now my wife is handing over the G37 to me and it will be my new DD (gonna park and keep the G35 at my mom's house lol). I'd love to get a Z, but it's outdated. Plus I have the same motor in my G so I can't justify having a G37 and Z. Don't want to part ways with my G37X. I've considered an STi (drove a stage 2 04 for almost 4 years before it was stolen), but the vQ37HR even in stock form has more top end than my turboback stage 2 STi did. Before talking my Dad into co-signing for that sti convinced him to buy me a new 05 s2k. Great car, but once I drove an STi I wanted one.

I feel the next car has to either be new or a JDM import. The new 2020 bare bones V8 Camaro is my top choice for a new ride. I'd love a BRZ, used Z, STi, but sense I will be disappointed because they are at the same level power wise (BRZ is down on power actually) as the G37.

I owned a four eyed 5.0 Foxbody (1986) for half of 2008. Hatchback, full exhaust, white and grey. Sold it for $200 less than I bought it. The new owner manual swapped it and sold it soon after. I miss that thing as much as the STi. Most of all, that blood curdling howl of the 302.

The Camaro seems to have an old school V8 like that 5.0. I'm also a fan of NASA CMC as my buddy back then use to race a 3rd gen. If or when I get a Camaro you guys will be some of the first people to know. As much as I'd like a C6, the next car has to be new. I owe it to myself.

So many nice cars out there, but you can't have them all
BobDigi5060 is offline   Reply With Quote