View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #3184 (permalink)
ZontheRocks
Track Member

Drives: 2016 Nissan PW 370Z
ZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond repute

Installed the Z1 subframe collars today. These were installed on a 2016 Sport with the following current suspension modifications:

- 2016 Nismo Struts and Springs
- Nismo S-Tune F/R Sway Bars

Install took my father and I about three hours. I was able to complete the install without dropping the mufflers (I run Motordyne), however I did unbolt the rear hangers.

First impression is that the inserts definitely added stiffness to the rear end. On hard shifts, the need to replace my blown diff bushing is more evident than ever, giving off a hearty and well known - CLUNK - This was not happening before the install, so I will use it as a decent barometer on measuring increased stiffness.

I am happy with the results given the cost of the mod. It is also advancing my timeline on moving the Z1 diff bushings from the box to the car!

Eventually, I'll find time to install the ART pipes. More recent research confirms that the used ones I picked up are most likely Version 1s (ceramic coating and no added support for the resonators or the cross support), so I am hoping that they don't produce any rasp.
ZontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote