View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
Sway
Track Member

Drives: 2018 GTR
Sway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond reputeSway has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Put on my Stillen 25 row oil cooler today! Wasn’t hard at all. Put some extra rubber tubing around my ac lines for extra protection. Also while I had the bumper off, I upgraded my AFFM (Air Functional Fang Mod) with some better tubing and 2.5” aluminum flanges! Looks much better now, and the bumper fits on way better, plus there’s less turns in the tubing since it’s 3 foot instead of 5. Much more direct airflow. And the tubing is a thicker rubber instead of that thin flimsy aluminum like the dryer tubes so it should keep the air cooler. Tossing in some pics of the new tubing and how it’s routed in case other people want to do it.

Disclosure: idea for better parts stolen from this thread, but my routing is very different as it’s for Gen 3s and not stock air boxes.

The pictures of the front bumper, including the one that’s for some reason upside down, is to show how the painted black intake flanges blend in.

I also added a Z1 Motorsports decal to my strut bar, we will see if it stays.

Edit: Earlier this week I went to the grocery store, 7 min drive each way, and idled for 5-10 min in the parking lot while my girl ran in.

Tonight I drove to Walmart, about 15 min each way, was in Walmart with the car off for about 45 min. The on the way home stoped at Taco Bell, then did 90mph in 6th for 5 minutes on the way home, plus it was probably 5 or 6 degrees warmer tonight.

The other day, temps hit 196. Tonight? Never went above 184. Dig it.

Last edited by Sway; 05-19-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote