View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

The gear is already installed. I removed the spare tire and built in a fiberglass enclosure for 2 12s. Near as I can figure, it is just about 3.5 cubic feet. Here's a look:

Previous install:

New install:

The gallery:

https://trdoc21.smugmug.com/370z-stereo-install/

Yes, we have spent a shiteload of time and money on the Tahoe and have rebuilt things multiple times. No intentions of going THAT big with the Z (Tahoe has around 7400 watts), but I've done essentially everything I can with the Z except rebuilding the electrical - and I figure it's time. Might as well, right? I nearly put horns in there, but there just wouldn't be room for my legs, lol.

As for competing, no, not likely. I like to tune my stuff for everyday listening, how *I* like to listen - not some SQ judge's taste. I always found the IASCA-style sound to be fairly wimpy. I believe in "overbuilding"... here's a glimpse under the hood of my Tahoe:

tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote