View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

The Z was one of the greatest sports cars of its generation. 2009-2014. The 2015 Nismo should have just been the 2015 Z. The price should have been lowered to $42k for a nav model and that one model sold. It was the closest thing to being the next model up.

If we were gonna keep the lower units? I think the sport model should've heen the base model by 2015 for base pricing and the touring model should have remained with the sport pkg for$35k. No more base model. That would've kinda made more of a business case to elevate sales volume and overall enthusiasm for the Z while destroying the business case for selling such a weak powered FRS, thus forcing Toyota to build a more powerful FRS and work harder for a higher hp supra. Like 400hp.

On Japan's side the hp wars are over which kinda crippled the jdm sports car industry.

While the Z is still an awesome car and the GTR is the best OVERPRICED car on the market. I think Nissan and japan as a whole have been a disappointment.

I'm grateful for the supra but im hoping this car sells well and morphs into something grand.

I hope Nissan is honest in saying they will build an in house Z without aid of another company and show us that they still love heritage.

So in my conclusion. While I believe the Z34 itself is one of the best sports cars of the millennium. It's also outdated, outgunned and outperformed by very generic vehicles at this point. It's lasted too long. We need something competitive.