View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Z Philes
Base Member

Drives: 2019 370Z GMT 6MT
The Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond reputeThe Z Philes has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding manual transmissions, it's the reason I just bought a Z. Granted, I always wanted one for some time, but we were actually looking to replace my wife's Altima Coupe 6MT. We were sad when they stopped making those. And probably even if they did still make them, there wouldn't be a manual available.

So our search first led us to the Infinity Q60. Awesome car, but we were suprised to learn there was no manual transmission available. On to the Lexus RC350. Again, awesome car, no MT. (We both loathe automatic transmissions). I remember the salesman being a bit surprised/offended that we didn't even want to test drive it. We also looked at a BMW (don't remember the model), but we didn't really care for the looks of it.

So, it was on to the Z. My wife thought it was too small, at first. But when I saw her get out the car grinning after the test drive, I knew we found the car.

Through the entire process, we were genuinely suprised at the limited availability of vehicles with manual transmissions. Back to topic, I'm grateful there's still a cool car available with a manual transmission. I'm not sure how much longer that will be the case.
The Z Philes is offline   Reply With Quote