View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, shoot. Here are my thoughts on this.... I think we can eliminate the driveshaft and clutch, since the noise happens when the car isnt moving?... unless theres a loose nut bolt or washer...
Make sure theres no contact with the heat shield...

That leaves the exhaust. When you say it happens at a certain frequency, perhaps it would be more accurate to say RPM? After all, the higher the RPM, the more airflow going through the exhaust, the more likely that airflow is disturbing whatever is loose.

I think the next step would be to start at the muffler... remove the muffler (completely off the car and hangers)... start the car and see if the noise/rattle is still there... itll be loud because of lack of muffler, but youd be able to tell.

If it's still there, remove the next exhaust section and start the car to see if it's still happening. Do this til you get to the last section you removed. And even then check the last section for any foreign object visually. Flashlight, camera..etc...

It's a pain, but itll definately help you narrow down the problem.

Edit... it goes without saying, do this outside.... have PLENTY of ventilation!!!!!!!
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace

Last edited by bunk; 05-15-2019 at 10:35 PM.
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote