View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
osbornsm
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
osbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Good driving. I think there are still some seconds in there, too.

By "setup", do you just mean the camera location and screen overlays, or is the car set up differently between these?

Assuming it's the presentation you are referring to, I like them both. Always a fan of POV racing videos, but the outside perspective is different in a good way. It also lets you review your steering inputs (which are nice and smooth btw). It does attract the following unsolicited advice, though (the danger of posting any video online - ignore or take onboard as you wish). I think your steering wheel is too far from your seat back. Or your arms are too short :-). I like your 9 and 3 grip - very well done - but when you turn to near 12 O'Clock, your arm is too straight and I think you might be reaching your shoulders forward at that. Try positioning your wheel and seat so that with your hips and shoulders pressed against the seat back, you can put your arms on the 12O'Clock position with YOUR WRISTS resting on the wheel (don't take your shoulders off the backrest). This will make it easier on your body to stay still and braced in the corners. If you can plant your feet on the dead pedal or firewall behind clutch and behind the brake with a slightly bent knee, then the seat is the right distance back so adjust the wheel towards you or make the backrest more vertical. A stable, more comfortable driver is a faster driver!
Thank you for the real-life examples of how my driving might differ from the "ideal." I do have a pretty "chill" track driving position. I've always focused on distance to the pedals. Seems i've forgotten to position the steering wheel for lapping duty.

Plus, i hold on to that wheel for dear life in the corners