View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
wymoteeZ
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z Sport PW MT
wymoteeZ is on a distinguished road

I started this thread. I had a guy run a stop sign & T-bone me Nov. 2018 totalling the Z with 190k miles on it. Only issue I ever had was this p1239 code & limp. Stillen uses a Bosch recirc. valve. I replaced that valve with a turbosmart dual port BOV. Once I dialed the BOV in, I had far fewer issues with the p1239. When I would tighten up the BOV I would get the codes again. When I ran it loose, I had far fewer problems. I read once where Stillen runs the TS BOV on thier red SC car .... ps. when it goes limp, sometimes it will take 10-20 restarts before it will take throttle in neutral. Hit the start button & immeadiately start pumping the gas pedal, if it is limp, turn it off & try again until it revs properly, then get back on the road. My car never 'stranded' me .... just super anoying & made you NEVER want to have a passenger with you. I can almost promise you, if you run an adjustable BOV & it is adjusted too tight, you will be going limp like crazy. The Bosch recirc. valve from the kit will also go limp. I will say that all the cable/foil wrap/heat shielding never cured the problem as well as the Turbosmart dual-port BOV set at the loosest setting where idle vacuum would barely shut the piston. On boost the valve would shut fully from boost pressure, so no worries there. ALSO, NISSAN is to BLAME for the car going LIMP, not Stillen. This car should throw the code & engine light ONLY. Not sure why Nissan decides to KILL the car.
GTM STAGE II TT, EXTERNAL WASTEGATES, FI 3" TDX, BLITZ EBC, SZ HIGH 5, FI 500E FUEL RETURN, WALBRO 525, ID1050, ZEIT FLEXFUEL E85, SD TUNED with ECUTEK by SEB, SZ HIGH 5 CLUTCH, 2014 NISMO GUNMETAL WHEELS, 2015 NISMO FRONT, REAR, & SIDE SKIRTS

Last edited by wymoteeZ; 05-15-2019 at 01:09 PM.
wymoteeZ is offline   Reply With Quote