View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #3128 (permalink)
HEK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 Z Tour Sports 6m
HEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond reputeHEK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
Probably because mufflers are required by law.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That is the first inquiry I did as Taxachussetts requires yearly vehicles inspections. The law reads: No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any way which motor vehicle is equipped (1) with a muffler from which the baffle plates, screens or other original internal parts have been removed and not replaced; or (2) with an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise ...
Unfortunately for MA the inspection stations are run by kids who either overlook these muffler deletes or think that the sound of the car is what the car should sound like as I did the inspection right after I left the muffler shop and all I got was compliments from all the "techs" in the shop. BTW I had plan "B" as I asked the muffler shop owner if he knew or had a shop that would pass my car in case it was too loud...hahaha
HEK is offline   Reply With Quote