View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Misnomer
Base Member

Drives: 2020 BMW M240i
Misnomer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
You should lessen your mileage on your oil change intervals and begin using a thicker weight motor oil.
I will start doing these. When the guy at the shop recommended the MOA he said he didn't want to go so far as to recommend that I start using Mobile 1, but I think I just might. Makes for expensive oil changes, but cheaper than a new engine/car.

Quote:
Having known several people how owned Mazda RX8’s they have a much worse motor oil burning/motor oil consumption issue than the Nissan 370Z ever did.
Yep; in moderate weather I'd keep an extra quart or two in my tiny trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Not normal for any car to burn so much oil suddenly.
It just didn't sound right when he said that oil consumption increases dramatically around 65,000 miles. I mean, why would it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre View Post
how did they know that the galley gaskets were failing?
The oil pressure light started flickering last month. At first I misunderstood the light and thought it was for the oil level, so I got an early oil change, but the light kept flickering from time to time so I finally checked the manual and searched here and realized it was the pressure. I got it to the shop immediately. They hoped it was just the sensor, but discovered it was the gaskets.
Misnomer is offline   Reply With Quote