View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #1141 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
LOL forget that. I am done for a while. The stress I can do without.
Not to throw a wet blanket on the party ... but do you have a support system in place after you take 'er home?
My car threw an Service Engine Soon --- CEL light about a week ago and this is what I've been finding out:

No one wants to touch the car "If they didn't build it - they don't want to touch it".

The ECU seems to be locked or access blocked (EcuTek?) and an average scanner won't read the ECU.
I finally did find a guy who was able to read the codes but only after resorting to his $2500+ Autel MaxiSys scanner.
Won't get in to the long of it here, but the short of it is I might have to go stand alone computer for engine management...the tech says that is the way I need to go.

I'm having to seriously look in to it ...