View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

How low was your oil? All cars burn oil to an extent, some more than others, but if your oil was low enough to dry out your gaskets, then youve got some problems!
Whats your oil change intervals, what type of oil do you normally use? Do you have an aftermarket oil cooler? Are you sure you dont have a leak?

My intervals are every 2500 miles using Mobile1. I can probably extend it to 3k or 5k, but to me, an oil change is the cheapest thing to keep your car running fine. I also use K&N filter. Ive never used any oil additives on any of the cars I have ever owned. I think as long as you stick to regular maintenance, you should be fine. Check your oil level everytime you fill up at the pump, it takes just a minute or two.

Oh, to me, your mechanic sounds like hes upselling you.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote