View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Collins View Post
MZ DAIZY, Thank you!

I got it started!!

It finally started after I figured out how to put it in neutral. Yea, I knew about that little trim piece before you mentioned it, and how to take it off and then use a screwdriver to push down and put it into neutral at the same time. (Earlier I watched a Nissan video explaining its function and how to force it into neutral.) But those steps, initially, weren't working for me. I'm not sure why.

I kept trying and by sheer force got it to work. (The parking brake wasn't on the first time, and the video said it should be on. Maybe that was it.)

But even after I got it into neutral, initially it did the same thing.... wouldn't start! Then I tried again and it finally started right up.

Jeez, what an ordeal. Good news is this happened here at my home, and didn't make me late for anything. And now I know how careful one must be after starting it up... and not to shift too soon. God, I feel like an idiot.

If you have a PayPal account I'd like to buy you cup of coffee. If you send me your PayPal address I'd like to show my appreciation and buy you enough for your favorite drink.

Thanks to everyone else who responded too. I appreciate it.
I appreciate the thought, Ed, but not necessary. Glad you got it worked out!

PS: don’t do that again!!
MZ DAIZY is offline   Reply With Quote