View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikezzz View Post
Hello, I apologize in advance if my explanation is hard to follow...

My 2016 370z base, manual had a front end collision, resulting in the front right wheel to break (rim).
After replacing the broken rim/tire, I noticed my steering wheel was crooked and the front right wheel had a play. The 4-wheel alignment was done and the guy told me alignment is still off and CANNOT be corrected, possibly due to the bent control arm, spindle, tie-rod, etc, etc.

I took it home and when I looked under at it, it did not show any obvious bends or broken pieces. However, the two bolts (top and bottom) in the spindle knuckle weren't tightened all the way (I compared it to the left side and it was tighten to the same distance but it was loose). So I tightened it, and the play is gone but the car still pulls to the right and I can hear a weird noise coming from the front right (more obvious/loud at high speed, after 50mph).

Before I replace every possible suspension parts, is there a suspected problem? All parts did NOT have any obvious bends/broken pieces.
You do not sound like a mechanic .......... and clearly something is not right.

It could be a bunch of problems that arose if the collision was severe enough to break a rim so this needs inspection by a qualified repair shop.

Your car is not safe by the sounds of it - get is professionally inspected.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote