View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
Shoeshear
Base Member

Drives: '15 370z Sport MT
Shoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
those damned STI and EVOs come with super sticky tires stock, don't they?

I recall some really n00b drivers driving pretty quickly and i was thinking the whole time . . . the car is doing so much of the work bc even without the best line, they just have so much grip they maintain speed

meanwhile my 155 hp n/a 240sx has to be driven like a damned miata to keep momentum up

FYI this was on Thunder Hill and Infineon

i really love infineon, those elevation changes are something when you first start

back in high school i heard of a dude that switched from a 300ZX TT to an MR2 turbo. he drove it the same way and crashed the damned thing immediately, lmao. Going from a 3800 lb RWD car to a 2800 lb MR car . . . yeah

Yeah, I had terrible tires haha. Interestingly it was at T-hill too. I think the stock tires on the STI and EVOs are indeed pretty sticky, but the average person running all seasons who is getting into tracking will be surprised to find the ability to spin I'm sure.
Shoeshear is offline   Reply With Quote