View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinH View Post
Hi All,

I find the delayed throttle response on my 2016 base model Z really annoying. It makes it harder for me to drive smoothly, and to heel-toe on downshifts.

I understand that because it's an electronic pedal, this can be changed via a tune.

How expensive is this going to be? I've read that full tunes are in the $800 range, but I guess this is a pretty minor change.

Are there any other benefits on a stock car? On motorcycles, even stock they often will run 'better' after a tune/re-map, largely because they are setup lean from the factory for emission purposes. Is this true for the Z too?

Also...where in the Vancouver, BC area should I take it?

Thanks in advance,
Tobin.
If you plan for $800, you should be fine. I'm not aware of any shops in that region, but a reputable tuner like Jon @ Z1 can remote tune it via email. Someone else may be able to recommend a shop for you to actually take the car to, but I don't foresee anyone objecting to a tune from Jon. I believe the first tune and license will run something like $650, plus the cost of the Uprev cable, which is right around the $200 mark.

It will help throttle response and I've seen claims of roughly 10whp gains on a bone stock car. Few people do it because they plan to mod the car, but everybody does things a little different. If you're happy with the power and just want a little more response, that's a good way to get it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by Whjaxn17; 05-10-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote