View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 11:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
The Genuine Nissan CSC is only for the 6MT transmission. As far as your 7AT transmission go’s as long as you change your automatic transmission fluid on time you should not have any problems. Unless you are putting down some really big whp/wtq the 7AT transmission is a very reliable and dependable transmission even for street duty or track duty and is quite efficient in terms of shifting through the gears. I have seen the 7AT transmissions last 250K-300K miles it really depends on what you use your Z for.
OP, I'm not sure if you are going to DD your car or not, but a random thought. Annual service of the AT (not to exceed 15000 miles) is a great idea. Heat is the biggest killer of ALL ATs, not just ours. Considering cost to R&I a 370Z 7AT is over $3500, a couple of hundred $$ on an annual basis is pretty cheap. Enjoy the car and happy modding...