View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
That article is 9 years old. A lot has happened and a lot of knowledge gained since then.
You are right, a lot of knowledge has gained since then, but the hardware of the Z is pretty much the same as 9 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
C&D boiled the stock brake fluid trying to set lap records. They are idiots
ugh.... apparently they use 22 bone stock car to do the hot laps... every year...

Here is the original article of the event with Z is the only one has the accident..

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ning-lap-2009/

While I agree some of you say the OP should/can track the car and have fun on the limit..

meanwhile, the OP also states his Z is bone stock except with the Powertrix Coils.

The reason I dig up that 9 years old article and post it here is I saw

"I have a sport package Z with 135k on it. Only mods are Powertrix coils. It's all stock otherwise. No oil cooler, and pretty sure it's original clutch too, the csc was replaced 100K miles ago."

in the original post..

that connect me to that incident 9 years ago...

of cause many of us has offered suggestions/advices, which is great..

however, if the OP doesn't make those changes on his stock Z...

again, his bone stock Z with sports package is carrying similar hardware to the Z which had accident 9 years ago.

It's only a precaution to the OP, nothing else.
alcheng is offline   Reply With Quote