View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I run on Carbotech XP8's year around. No issues. Don't think you know much about running race pads on the streets. The end of your street is not an issue. The problem comes when doing interstate driving in a cold rain. That is when you need to tap the brakes every now and then to keep heat in the pads/rotors. I have done it for years. Who cares about brake dust. I prefer to stop. Loose your brakes in the triple digits once and you will make adjustments to your opinion.
The end of my street is a 45MPH dead stop after almost 3 miles.. Next braking is another 3 miles and is a high speed right followed by esses (i LOVE my commute!).

My opinion is that street pads are for street cars - you don’t have to mess with keeping brakes warm, and you’re not going to get fade in normal road driving. Triple digits? Mph? Not on any street that I know of. That’s instant impoundment and roadside license suspension where I live, even on the fastest highways.

I ran Ferodo DS2500 on track cars on the street, and PFC-01. Spring to autumn. Both brands squealed. One set of 2500’s was really bad. None had particularly useful cold bite. It’s noticeable. On track, I need a lap or two to get them and tires to really bite. If you haven’t done it, you wouldn’t understand. And neither of these are considered true dedicated track pads. I used Hawk HPS on another car, and they were basically hyped up street pads. None of these are particularly dusty. HP+ can be terrible in that regard, as are some others.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote