View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #44 (permalink)
Zyonara91
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010-Red-6spd-S/T
Zyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond reputeZyonara91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan996 View Post
Okay here goes a ear full of questions haha.

-What happens if I don't run a Thermostatic Sandwich Plate?

Well, then the cooler oil will be running to your engine. This will keep cool oil running to the engine at all times when the weather itself is pretty cool. Buy this in the oil cooler package, do not skimp on it.

-If I do run a Thermostatic Plate, from my understanding the Oil Filter is on the Thermo Plate, and the Thermo Plate is connected to the STOCK Oil Cooler?
This I do not know. All I know is Z1 oil cooler lets you keep your original oil filter size, I use KN or M1 filters

-How does the Z1 Cooler work? So during the Winter how does the Z1 Cooler shut down to get up to temp? Does the stock oil cooler do the job to get it up to temp and THEN the Z1 Cooler kicks back on?
No, that's why you need the thermostatic sandwich plate to deal with cool oil in the cool temperatures. The stock oil cooler is doo doo, uninstall that when you get the new one. Or keep it laying around and route it to cool your transmission if that is possible

-When the Z1 Cooler shuts down, do I still have oil in and out of my oil filter? Just asking because Ive seen a picture on Google with the Lines running out of the Thermo Plate, so if it shuts down, am I "filterless" until it kicks back on when up to temp?
I have no idea, sorry man

-Also why would I need to change Oil Filter types? Why cant I use the OE Oil Filter? And if it has to be changed, which brand filter would you recommend?
some oil coolers have different filter sizes, that's why I and others say go with Z1 oil cooler kit. When it comes to filters I only use KN and M1. Wix, Purolator and Amsoil make amazing filters as well. Pick from any of these brands and you wont loose any sleep at night.
Sorry for these nonsense questions lol, gotta knowwwww

Dude, you're not being annoying. This is a part of the learning process and that's why there is a forum to ask such questions. Just pass on the knowledge to someone else when the time comes.
Zyonara91 is offline   Reply With Quote