View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
Make the Z trackable means, add:
  • Track wheels
  • Track Tires
  • Track Brakes
  • Racing Brake fluid
  • Upgraded shocks
  • Upgraded sway bar
  • Brake Ducting
Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
Ask Car and Driver how the OEM brakes are.

Article Link
I wouldn't seriously track any car with stock (street) brake pads. They are spec'ed with dust and noise in mind, not fade resistance. They are meant for city traffic, and need to work at -20 degrees. In traffic, these seldom get up to the kind of temperatures that track pads need in order to start working. These are life safety devices - even moreso on the racetrack.

Even performance pads come in many, many different flavours - for auto-cross and light lapping days, sprint, full on race, and even endurance. These are not one-size-fits-all, and very few overlap well with regular street use. Especially if you don't like squeal, or cleaning your front wheels every day. And if you like to consistently make that stop sign at the end of your street on cool mornings!

Cannot fathom how Car and Driver wouldn't figure this out. As the manufacturer, I'd just shrug my shoulders as well, and hand them the bill!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote