View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
2SIC4U
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370Z R
2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute2SIC4U has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
Why is it that installing a new HU will cause the defrost not to work any longer? I ask because it seems like every time I pull the battery I somehow **** something up (sent stock radio into security protection mode, got myself a nice flashing airbag light) and I just want to make sure I don't move on to disabling the defrost; it's cold in Michigan this time of year, and I need my defrost lol
Someone years ago did this conversion but never figured out the rear defrost. I was able to figure out why and my solution is posted above. The Nav system, digital AC controls, and radio are all one unit. In the None Nav version, the AC unit is analog. This is why you need to change the AMP being used from the nav to none nav and add pins. The pins are to send the analog signals that are not needed in the nav version.
2SIC4U is offline   Reply With Quote