View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

The old Mobil 1 used to be the best bet. However, a few years ago Mobil 1 removed the Ester in their oils in an effort to keep their prices competitive in the market place.

Ester based oils are very important in NISSAN engine's. Without it you can develop a drive train tick that may not go away after your next oil change. The good thing with the Redline oil is that it is an Ester based oil. Redline is a bit more expensive than Mobil 1 but in my opinion, it's worth it.

In regards to Royal Purple, we did a test with it a few years ago. We put a vehicle on our dyno and performed a baseline dyno. Then drained all of the fluids, engine, trans, differential and did a complete fluid swap. We found a 15 horsepower gain!!! We were all blown away. However, I wouldn't run it on a street car that I wanted a long life span out of. It just seems like anything that thin would not be able to offer the protection I would want for a car that I plan on keeping for awhile.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote