View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetine View Post
So I'm 19 and currently saving for a new car, and the Z looks like exactly what I'm after, so looking at a 2010 MT GT model hopefully. The main thing I'm really waiting for is my insurance costs to go down, as at the moment there looking to be about £4,000 a year, which works out twice the monthly cost of the car itself, so I'm a little ways off as of yet.

Anyway, I currently drive a Toyota Celica GTS, so going from a FWD 190hp car to a ~330hp RWD car is quite a swap. Just wondering if anyone here made a similar change and has any advice or stories, other than the normal 'don't drive like a moron'

Also people say quite often that the ride quality is so-so, and the you feel most bumps in the road, at the moment my car has absolutely terrible ride quality, the back end squeaks a lot and you cant hear the radio when you're going 80 due to road noise. The car is a 16 year old Toyota so I'm letting it off the hook, however is the 370z similar to this? Hard to judge what some people define as 'bumpy ride'.
Purchase a Nissan 370Z if you can overall they are reliable and dependable vehicles to own. The ride quality of the base Nissan 370Z with stock suspension is actually very good for a sports car really. The ride quality isn’t as great on the Nissan 370Z Nismo model with the Nismo suspension but,handles like a champ in the turns and off the line.I will say that Toyota reliablity and dependability is hard to beat. The Nissan 370Z is in a class of it’s own in the sports car world and is a excellent vehicle to own overall. The CSC failure issue is hit or miss from what I have seen though some fail and some get lucky and their CSC doesn’t fail it’s a roll of the dice? At your age with a excellent driving record insurance on a Nissan 370Z should not be too bad. Ask your parents/family or a friend if you can be on their insurance and you will save on your insurance costs. As long as you do all your general maintenance on time our Nissan 370’s they will last a long long time to come just find a shop or do the work yourself. The best of luck with your vehicle shopping.

Last edited by Quicksilvers; 05-06-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote