View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 07:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

Zetine,

You asked for advice .... so here it is.

For crying out loud .... don't tie yourself down to high insurance rates and car payments. Here's what will happen if you do.

You'll blow the clutch, trash the tranny, or get overly enthusiastic with the high powered speed demon and slide it broadside into a ditch ... and you'll be walking because you can't afford the car payments, the insurance, or the cost to make repairs, not to mention the cost of Premium fuel in the UK that a 370Z must have to stay happy.

If you physically fit (I don't because I'm 6' 3" and all legs) ... get a nicely used Miata MX5. There are used parts for it everywhere, they use regular fuel, and the insurance and the purchase price will still allow you to have a life without worrying about how to pay for it and next month's rent. And the new generation comes within a half second of the 370z's 0 to 60 time.

You telegraphed in the first paragraph of your first post the unrealistic reach you're trying to achieve by purchasing a 9 year old car that'll cost 4000 British Pounds to insure ( about $6000 US), and that price is double what your monthly payments will be to purchase the car. And you haven't even factored in maintenance, tires, etc., or premium fuel at over $5.00 USD a US gallon!

I can see the possible future misery you're setting yourself up for.

Be patient. Wait until you can actually afford to get that sports car you really want.
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote