View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
This is purely a guess on my part, but usually when a trans start doing that, it means that the clutch packs inside the trans are starting to slip due to wear. What kind of service have you done on the trans? Has it had fluid changed on a regular basis? Not to be negative, but it might be time to pull the trans for a rebuild before it craps itself somewhere inconvenient.
I just had my second service last week. The car is now at 39,000 miles and first service was maybe at 20k. It sees pretty hard track use though, so I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct.

Anyone here with knowledge on the Exedy clutch packs?
https://www.z1motorsports.com/transm...at-p-9602.html

The one review on Z1 is very positive.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote