View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
I am thinking this might be an issue with the thermostat in the sandwich plate. Ordered a different brand (old=mocal, new=setrab) and will see what happens. List of relevant mods:
1. Zspeed undertray
2. Setrab 34 row oil cooler
3. CJM Baffeled oil pan.
4. Stillen front bumper.

I keep forgetting to add the PID for the oil temp to my Torque app, I use the AIM SoloDL for logging. Coolant temp (water&waterwetter) peak was 223F avg was 219F for my fastest lap. Nothing is blocking the cooler.

Aside, should I add an oil pressure sensor? I've been pushing this motor for awhile and am a bit worried about the oil galley gasket failing, seems to be an issue for 09-12 motors.
I added a Defi oil pressure sensor. I haven't taken it to the track yet, but it's nice to see the oil pressure vs. temperature relationship. I added it for the peace of mind after installing the oil cooler myself (It was really the first non-trivial mod I'd done myself, and I was worried about messing something up)
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote