View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 07:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jetsimple
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370 Z
Jetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond reputeJetsimple has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theART View Post
I got Zspeed 20LB flywheel and Stage2+ clutch with quite option, along with a Ebay heavy duty CSC. My feedback:

1. Solid flywheel has pros and cons.

PROS: engine revs noticeably faster and there is less vibrations (if DMF is worn it will vibrate). Car feels much more alive and is more exciting to drive.

CONS: the clutch engagement is harsher, without DMF there is no damping or cushioning of clutch engagement so you def feel if you let off clutch too fast. Fuel consumption goes up, this is debatable, however I did notice it go up by 15% because it funner to drive and engine wants to rev. Tranny rattle from 1000-1500RPM.

2. Stage2 Zspeed clutch has more pros then cons

PROS: My Z is pushing about 320WHP and stock clutch would slip at drag strip in the second gear. Stage2 grabs like a MOFO and with SMF the car picks up like no tomorrow.

CONS: Clutch pedal is about 25% heavier.
What is DMF and SMF?
Jetsimple is offline   Reply With Quote