View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Don't believe so. Oil flow. Pump, cooler, filter, block passages, then back into the pan. The sensor is reading the oil coming back from the cooler.

The ECU starts to pull timing around 240F until 280F limp mode. That's why the car feels sluggish.

Couple of things can be done. Vented hood, oil pan spacer, CJM oil pan. The last 2 will increase oil capacity. Install an oil pressure gauge to track your oil pressure. The stock pump will read over 100 psi at high rpm's. Also a water temp gauge. TrackSpec hood vents lower my oil temps and water temps. I have the Z1 34 row oil cooler and a rare AM Perf. oil pan. Only about 20 of them made.
Exactly. Assuming our concern is temp in the block, that temp is usually 20-22 degrees higher than the pan temp due to oil from the cooler coming directly to the sensor.

Highway driving in subfreezing temps with no block off plate on the cooler, my oil temp readout stays a consistent 160. Valve on the thermostatic plate fully opens at 180.

If our concern is ECU pulling timing due to high oil temps, then yes, whatever the sensor says is what the programming responds to. Just remember that oil temps in the block are 20 degrees higher than the sensor readout.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk