View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDKING View Post
I've read about with coilovers on 370Z's if you do some hard cornering the alignment will move in the rear which is why I got the lockout kit but I didn't care about having to adjust the rear, I just want it to stay in spec alignment. The front upper control arm I didn't know about. I'm going to look into getting them.
It is nice to lock the alignment, but you won't have any adjustability, which means if the alignment got messed, your car handling will not be pleasant.

Naturally, when you lower your car, you will have more negative camber, the 370z rear will get more toe in as well (maybe all cars), if you ended up with too much rear toe in, you will get a slippery rear end with yaw sensor delete, if you didn't do yaw sensor delete, the traction control will hold you back. Also shorter tire life.

The real benefit of eccentric lockout kit is to have your alignment set where you want without slipping IF you have adjustable arms. Not recommended if you don't have arms.

So, to sum up, it is either using oem bolts to adjust (camber - toe), or using eccentric lock with SPL rear camber arms and midlink, if you don't want to spend money on midlink, you can use oem bolt, or spc toe bolt if the stock ones didn't dial the toe back to recommended setting.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote