View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 07:43 PM   #181 (permalink)
"Z"en
Base Member

Drives: 15 Z, 13 R58, 09 GTR
"Z"en has a spectacular aura about"Z"en has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
Sorry for not posting. The carbon Z as some of you may know has an amuse titanium exhaust. While it is great for N/A applications it is not suited for FI work. The design and flow characteristics arent that great but it is *BLING*...

When the car was on the dyno Bobby noticed the underside of the car was really glowing. After a quick inspection he asked to pull the car off the dyno. They inspected the exhaust and noticed that the Y-pipe was constricting the flow of the exhaust and getting way too hot *enough to show fatigue around the welds*. Rich the owner is picking out a different exhaust for the Carbon Z and this exhaust is going on his wife's Z. Regardless, the Carbon Z is going back on the dyno most likely next week with a less restrictive exhaust and something that can withstand the heat and not crack the welds...
I can tell the Amuse STTI exhaust is indeed restrictive for big power. I had one and I sold it. XD It is a beautiful and light-weight design with show performance but it's essentially not a good one for forced-induction Z. It will give you up to 420-440ish whp (dynojet) and that's all. My tuner couldn't advance ignition timing as expected for the cars with the Amuse exhaust. The exhaust causes the increase in EGT under high RPMs. This is my personal experiences to be shared. Now I have a true-dual 3" exhaust and the issue I had to deal with was the increase in drone at about 2000-3000 RPMs and I have done something to reduce it. The system can be and will be better and I have scheduled a date to further improve it by a trustful local exhaust fabrication shop. The owner of that shop had customized a new exhaust for my friend for his high-power Z build and both the sound and performance are impressive, according to my design with minimized interior drone.

Last edited by "Z"en; 05-02-2019 at 09:14 PM.